Center for Innovative Medicine (CIMED) at Karolinska Institutet South Campus, supported by the Stockholm County Council, announces Junior Investigator grants in basic, translational or clinical research.
The grants are intended for highly talented young researchers that have or are in the process of developing an independent research program.
Up to four grants may be funded with an amount of 2 million SEK/year (for international recruitments up to 3 million SEK/year) for 5 years.
Applications are welcome from external and internal applicants. Disbursement of funds are dependent on the applicant being employed to at least 50% by one of the KI departments at the South Campus and the funded research activities must be pursued at this campus.
To qualify, the applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree or a qualification deemed equivalent to a Ph.D. Applicants should have completed their degree a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 12 years before the last date for application.
Even if you were awarded your doctoral degree earlier, you could be considered if special circumstances interrupted your period of active research. Special circumstances refer to leave due to sickness, parental leave, medical residency or other similar circumstances.
Basis of assessment
Scientific expertise, particularly demonstrated excellence in research, and ability to attract external competitive funding are emphasized.
The application should be written in English and contain the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae, describing qualifications, achievements and grant support (maximum 5 pages).
- A separate list of the 10 most important publications and a complete publication list with separate sections for original peer reviewed publications and other types of publications.
- Research plan (maximum 8 pages including figures and references).
- Budget plan and sources of funding.
- Letter of support from the chair of the host department at the Karolinska Institutet South Campus (departments KI South) including a statement about the availability of laboratory space and the applicant´s employment (CIMED Letter of support template).
- Two letters of reference.
The application is to be submitted through the MyNetwork recruitment system:
Please note that the “personal letter” included in the electronic form is voluntary and will not impact evaluation. Your application is complete once you have stated your personal info, including contact details, and uploaded all requested documents as attachments.
Deadline for applications is April 4, 2016.
Sandra Falck, research coordinator +46-8-524 810 50
Rune Toftgård, professor +46-8-524 810 53